Australian author, Hannah Currie, loves God, family, people (in small numbers, let’s not go crazy here!) and writing. A book nerd from birth, she knows firsthand the difference a good book can make in a person’s life. Even, and especially, fiction. Her dream as a writer is to make people laugh, cry and maybe even swoon a little but mostly to remind them that no matter how dark life may get at times, because of God, there is always hope.
She and her husband live with their three adorable kids in sunny Queensland, where it really is beautiful one day and perfect the next. Except, maybe, during heatwaves. They’re not so fun.
And now you have the official, somewhat serious bio, here are five other random facts about me.
- I hate coffee. Not sure if that disqualifies me from being a ‘real’ author or not but it’s true. Hot chocolates and chai lattes, on the other hand, are amazingly good. Tea is still being debated.
- I’m one of ten kids and absolutely love it. Yes, we all have the same parents. Yes, I know all their names. No, I’m not Catholic. Yes, we had a tv. No, we weren’t homeschooled.
- Despite being terrible at sport, I really enjoy it – mostly watching but also, on the rare occasion, playing. I played softball for a couple of years at primary school and cricket all through high school. My one claim to sporting fame is getting the MVP award for my cricket team one year. It must have been because I was encouraging and committed because I certainly wasn’t anywhere near the best.
- I love baking but hate cooking dinners. I think it’s something to do with the fact that, regardless of whether I feel like it or not, people still have to eat. Every single day. No pressure or anything.
- Heart of a Royal came about because of a series of books I wasn’t quite ready to end, the sister I shared them with and a dream I had one night.
Thanks for stopping by!